Primary tabs

Coastal Villa

Our long standing client came to Max after purchasing this very special house in the village she visited on the South Coast of England as a child. Built in the early 1840s by a floor cloth manufacturer, it was bought in 1902 by Sir Harry Baldwin, dentist to Queen Victoria, who added an extension with additional bedrooms in 1906. The property is flanked by a walled garden with greenhouses and extensive grounds which overlook the shore. Needing a complete redesign we have been working closely with our client, drawing inspiration from the Arts and Crafts movement to give back to the house a sense of character, charm and richness.